Bosch dishwasher repeatedly blows fuses & sparks near co

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch Exxcel diswasher (code from manual is 9000 009 311 8402, code on back of machine is 5600041012/04/154/05:52).

The other day, part way through the cycle there was a bang and the machine lost power. The fuse had blown and when I changed it and plugged it in again there was another bang and again the machine had no power. As I had the back exposed this time I did notice the light from an electrical spark coming somewhere around the back. I also noticed black sooty marks around a small panel where the power cord enters the machine (like the spark had happened just behind the panel.

If I could remove the panel I would like to see if it is a simple electrical fault that I could fix. The panel looks removable but I can't seem to do it. It looks like it is clipped into the back of the machine. It slides left to right a little as if clipped into a track inside.

Can anyone suggest how to get inside?

Sponsored Links
Yup, that's exactly it thanks! Only question now is - how to remove the current one. I have tried pulling, pushing, probling with screwdrivers ... no joy.

Sponsored Links
OK got it off now thanks. Had to break off the front plate before it would slide out - didn't seem any other way to do it.

Thanks for the assistance; ordering the spare now.

Hi Ineville, by any chance did replacing this part fix the problem - I am experiencing identical symptoms.

Thanks
Zig

Hi,
Yes it did. I got the spare part from link above and it fixed the problem.
Good luck.

great, thanks - I've just ordered it so hopefully it's the same fault

Zig

Great thread- had the same problem and fixed it using the spare part recommended. Had a bit of trouble getting the old part out but only 5 minutes of frustration- saved an expensive call out! Thanks a million :D

Thanks guys - same problem here & same frustration getting old module out from back of the dishwasher. After lots of pushing & pulling, the module slides upwards before pulling out horizontally - there are 2 little tabs at the top of the module (hidden) which require pushing in to allow to slide up.
Good luck!

Does anyone please have more precise instructions on how to remove the old mains cable, I am trying to get into my Bosch SGS43A52GB as it looks like the suppressor has gone bang, and failing miserably. Do I need to take off the lid and side panel ? I have tried pulling, sliding and gentle forcing but it refuses to budge.

There are two catches on the back of the lid that need pushing upwards then at the same time take the lid off. If you take off the lower kick plate, one t20 screw each side , the right hand side panel needs to come off. The suppressor pulls off and will look blackened if it's failed.

Thanks, I wanted to know if I had to access from the side, and this confirms it. Thank you.

You can of course prise and slide the mains cable cover off, the suppressor will be attached.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back