bosch exxcel dishwasher went bang !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
came home today and was expecting dishwasher to have finished running a cycle but instead all lights were off and it had stopped midway through. thought the fuse must have blown in the plug so i changed it and switched it back on and all was fine for about 30 seconds and then a loud bang and machine died again. tried it one last time with another fuse and same thing again.

have searched for teh same problem online and few people mentioned the machine sparking at the back and soot/butn marks around power cord but i havent had that. it just makes teh loud bang and dies. anyone have any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Remove the right hand side panel and look inside at the rear where the power lead enters the machine, there is a RF capacitor there that can blow sometimes violently this is where you can see the soot marks etc.

This normally shows up though as soon as you turn on the power not after a period of time.

When you turn the DW on the drain pump should operate first. so I would check for a shorted pump/wiring or water in the base of the machine.

You may have done some more damage though as you have closed a fault twice with the attendant surge of power.

removed the panel and checked the RF capacitor and there were no soot marks or burning. there was a small amount of water in the base of teh machine so guess it could be the drain pump

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back