Bosch Dishwasher SGS55CO2GB , any help much appreciated...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya

Had a look through the forums for an answer to this and there is a lot of info but just wanted to run this past you guys first.

I think this is a common issue but hear me out! My Bosch Classixx was not heating the water, or filling up very well or drying at all and was getting stuck on '1 minute' at the end of its cycle. I've had a look on here and firstly tried the "tip to the left" trick which didnt seem to work.

So im left with from what i gather, either a dry solder joint on the PCB or to clean out some of the internal tubing as per some photos i saw on here. I'm no expert but im happy to give things a go before i need to pay someone.

However, today I tried it one last time before opening the machine up and hey presto it ran a full hot wash cycle perfectly. Loads of hot water, hot air and finished on zero.

But since trying again it has reverted to the initial problems. Though, sometimes it starts to work perfectly, filling up with water but then 20 minutes into the cycle or so, it reverts back to its cold water minimal filling etc etc...

So, the fact that the fault sometimes fixes itself, does that mean it cant be a dry solder joint? I guess i just want to know what i shoud try first so that i dont start taking out PCBs if its not entirely necessary.

Any advice appreciated....

Bobby.

Sponsored Links
To get the best response to your questions you need to post the "E-number" on the door lip. Bosch Classixx doesn't say enough.

You could have a flow problem which if too low will shut the heater off.
If you havent done so already clean the pressure chamber and lower
transfer pipe to the sump.

If it is all gunged up restricting flow then that may be the solution.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that advice - apparently the wife turned it on today (even though she knows it isnt working!) and she said teh 'check water' light came on so that i spose could be a flow problem.

To get to these particular parts for a clean up, is via the side panel outside on the bottom left of the machine?

check water light can be the flood switch activated in the base or inlet blockage etc

you need to remove the lid and lhs side panel(to check for leaks rhs panel
also).Remove lower kick plate and metal plate that runs along the front.

you will see water matrix and pressure chamber (switches and float) lhs
Along the front you should see a pipe running from the pressure chamber to
the sump-pull out -o rings at each end and thorough clean.

The pressure chamber can be pulled upwards after releasing the two locking
tabs that support it to the base..........

There are lots of threads and pics etc certainly on the whitegoods forum and
maybe here also if you search......most common prob with Bosch DW I'm afraid..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back