Bosch Dishwasher stopped

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Bosch Classixx Dishwasher stopped with about 20 minutes of program to run. Indicator on front out, tried resetting (both by using reset buttons and hold power switch for several seconds).

Can't even see how the kickpanel (toeboard) comes off.

fuse in Plug OK.

All help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
No power at all then? No lights, no sounds...nothing?

Apart from a loose connection, this could be the control board. It could have originally been a fault with the heater relay, while this is normally repairable, it could have somehow killed the board (see video two) which is unfortunate.

A straight replacement is usually the best option. If you feel competent doing it yourself, then do it, but do it safely as you are dealing with electricity.

Here are two good videos that describe methods of isolating where the issue could be.

It could be something as simple as a loose connection or damaged cable. So, even if it is unlikely to be those things, it is worth excluding them first. Don't assume the worst, even if everything points in that direction.

Make sure you have checked the socket you are using by plugging a lamp into it.

Follow these steps:

This second video is what I guess could be the issue. The heater relay has failed and has also taken out the board. You can look at your current board and see if any scorch marks are visible.

Last edited:
So, thanks to the info that Dishman supplied I'm into the machine. Have extricated the control panel and found a broken resistor and and a blown integrated circuit - a LNK604. replacement ordered (2 for £3). (much cheaper than the cost of a new control unit!)

Update to follow

Sponsored Links
While you are there, check the heater relay, they are a weak point on these machines...

They are the white components in the picture below. Check the other side of the board to see if there is any scorch marks or early signs of wear on either of them. When the relay starts to fail, one of the legs often heats up and the solder ends up disintegrating. This often acts as an early warning. This can be re-soldiered, but the competent does need replacing.

This could have even been the cause of the failure elsewhere on the board.

View media item 99234
View media item 99232
I replaced my faulty one with a better rated one.

View media item 99239

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back