bosch double oven earth connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi .Just bought a Bosch double oven and with the cabling in place from my previous oven thought it would be quite simple to connect up and install. I removed the connections cover plate, no problem with the live and neutral but how do i connect the earth. Should there be a clamping washer/plate or is it to be wrapped around the bolt(seems rather dodgy). Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Not the best, is it mate - but the idea is to wrap the earth wire around that screw....I'd be inclined to add a washer though, and to tightly twist the earth cable to prevent it spreading out....obviously, wind the cable round clockwise and do enough so it turns back on itself.
Its possible to solder on an eye terminal, but this is rarely done.
John :)

Thanks for that Burnerman. Would have thought they'd have come up with a better connection method than that. I'll do it in the morning.

Some are indeed better than that.....its obviously remote from the live supply - they tend to be shielded better if they are adjacent.

Sponsored Links
Fair comment, but crimps with the usual DIY plier just don't get them tight enough, in my opinion - a good tug and out they come. The factory ones are machine crimped plus a tiny spot weld.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back