Neff Double Oven Tripping MCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening folks,

I think i know the answer to this question but thought I'd check with those more knowledgeable. I've donated my old double oven to a friend, the oven's rated at 5.1kw and worked perfectly. With it fitted at my friends it trips the mcb. The oven feed in their house is 10mm cable to the oven connection point then 10mm to the oven the the mcb in their consumer unit is rated 6a fitted on the non rcd side. I think the oven is supposed to be on a bigger mcb such as a 32a or maybe a 40a and as such the oven is tripping the mcb that's too small, would this be correct?

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Yes, but I would check that again as no oven would run on a 6A mob. Or has it never had an appliance connected to the circuit before?

I've double checked and it's definitely a 6a mcb I've included some pictures below,

XIw7c26.jpg

9G0ofph.jpg

It's the far right mcb marked cooker, I've fitted a 40a mcb now and everything appears to be working properly, I'm going to leave both ovens on full for 30 minutes to check. Apparently with the old double oven the bigger oven ran fine on the 6a mcb but if you put both on together then it tripped I didn't know this before hand. I've also swapped the odd mcb out for a wylex to keep my ocd at bay.

Thanks
Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back