Bosch Exxcel 1200 Washer Dryer Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm hoping that someone out there can help. I have a Bosch Exxcel 1200 washer dyer which I opened up the other day to trace a leak. I removed the motor to do so. Having found the leak - a loose internal hose - I put it all back together but the machine has now stopped working. The LEDs don't come on - although the information on the electronic display is still visible. Programmes can be selected immediately after turning the machine on but then the console becomes unresponsive as the machine almost immediately goes into drain mode; the machine is empty of water but this happens every time the machine is switched on. The machine does not fill and the drum does not turn. In short, the only thing that happens - irrespective of what programme is selected - is that it pumps out imaginary water for several minutes and then becomes lifeless.

Any ideas? I replaced the pressure valve - to no avail. There doesn't seem to be any power getting to the motor. I suspect that the PCB is up the spout as all the connections seem sound. There are no fault codes displayed. Needless to say that any help will be much appreciated!

Michael

Sponsored Links
Have you tested the motor off the machine since the failure to start after reassembly? Sounds as if you've dislodged a connector. Also check the motor brushes while you have it removed, just in case.

Thanks for the reply. The connectors to the motor itself seem sound. What should I be looking for as regards the brushes?

Took motor off. Brushes look fine. They're making contact with the commutator and it all seems pretty clean.

Sponsored Links
I put a new PCB on it. Everything now works fine. Except the water inlets. The washing machine won't fill; the thing is, I know that the valves themselves work because they will let in water if I apply 240v directly to them. Frustrating. Any ideas?

Sorry for not getting back as I presumed someone else comes on this forum - if you had the machine lying flat for the motor examination perhaps water has found it's way into the wrong areas. Have you located the pressure pipes and made sure they are clear?

Thanks for the reply. It's all working now. I believe it was a leak in the pressure system. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back