Bosch Exxcel 1600 Express heater fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody, I just want to check something before I end up with pieces of washing machine all over the floor. :confused: :confused: :confused:

The machine in question works perfectly on a cold wash but anything that needs heat continues on the wash cycle (with the timer reading 0.01) until it's switched off.

I took the top off. I took the back off. I turned it on its side and took the bottom off. That was when I found the heater element and, as expected, it's open circuit. :( :( :( I'm putting it all back for now until I can get a new element but here's the question: When (or if) I get one, do I have to take the front off the machine to get in? I don't want to remove more bits than I have to then find that it leaks because I broke a water seal. :mad: :mad: :mad:

PS: In addition to the heater wires and earth, there are two small gauge wires leading to some kind of connector. Is this the temperature sensor?

PPS: The model number is WAE32464UK. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. :) :) :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks zipper. Brilliant video! :D :D :D

PS: I'd better check the resistance of the temperature sensor too in case it's gone O/C. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Hi all.
I have a similar problem to Space Cat ...

My Bosch Excel 1600 is also getting stuck on 0.01 on the timer but it does eventually finish the wash , maybe after showing 0.01 for up to one extra hour.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back