Bosch Exxcel 1600 Washing Machine problems washing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Bosch WFX3267GB Exxcel 1600 washing machine which is playing up. Sometimes seems very sluggish to finish programs, sometimes spins, sometimes not. Also getting smelly inside, clothes not cleaned properly, and when I tried a 90 degree wash with no load to flush it, the machine didn't seem to get very hot at all. The pump impeller is clear and appears to be emptying OK. No fault code on display...

I took front off and checked the heater element (35 ohms) and now wondering about the thermistor. Anyone know how many kilohms should I be metering at ambient temperature directly on the thermistor contacts (cable unplugged) on this model?

(edit) - I just found another post suggesting 7KOhms is normal - mine meters 6K at around room temp so probably not that?

Any other ideas what else can cause these symptoms?

Sponsored Links
Hi,I have exactly the same problem with my Bosch Exxcel 1200 express
Ordered a new element and thermistor but turns out the old ones were fine!!
The smell is from the undissolved soap in the bottom of the machine.
I'm still working on a solution so when I get one I'll let you know,in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions please let me know

Hi,
Have either of you solved this please?
Would be very interested to hear how please.
We have Bosch 1200 Express too, suspected heater element gone.
Seems to go through wash cycle, but at end, stays on 1 minute for 30-40mins.
Now tried a 90deg wash, and doesn't seem to get hot. Before I buy a new element/heater,is there a fuse etc, or how can I be certain what problem is please?
Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back