bosch exxcel washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch Exxcel 1400 washing machine and it has been making a buzzing noise for the last week or so during parts of the cycle, this morning i put a load in and set it to start but it just sits there and makes a quiet ticking noise, it doesnt let the water in and the timer starts to count down. the drum is stationary.
Any ideas would be greatfully received.

Sponsored Links
Checking the motor brushes would be a good place to start. There are plenty of posts & links about this on the forum.

Update, the pump runs and it fills with water, it does not seem to want to turn the drum at all, i will do as suggested and check the motor brushes, does the motor have to come out to do this ? or is it possible to pull them out in situe.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
I have cleaned the brushes and put them back in and it works, i will order new bosch brushes today and hopefully it will keep going long enough for them to arrive.
Many thanks your advice was spot on i owe you a beer
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back