Bosch freezer light flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch upright frost free freezer Logi XX which I keep set at -18C.

About 24 hours ago I found the 18 flashing.

This usually means there has been a power failure so I turned on the Super Freeze.

Later, the 18 was still flashing so I turned it to 16 to try and see what was happening, it reverted to 18 flashing and did the same when I tried it on 17.

It has now been 24 hours on the 18 flashing and the Super Freeze on. I can hear the freezer is working.

I would appreciate some help please.

JamesEB

Sponsored Links
Have you tried switching off & leaving for 10 mins & then back on again?

Thanks. I have tried switching it off but did not leave for 10 minutes. I will try that now.

Thanks for help.
JamesEB

I took it off the power at the wall but hasn't made any difference.

JamesEB

Sponsored Links
Frost-free freezers are prone to ice blockages in the airducts in the casing at the back. To melt it out you have to switch off and leave doors open for about 24 hours until water stops dripping inside the cabinet or into the dish at the back.

If you have lost the instructions, look them up online.

or into the dish at the back.

if that is the dish in top of the compressor then beware it over flowing and water running down the side of the compressor and into the terminal block of the comrpressor.

The design is that the heat from the compressor evaporates all the water between de-frosts so the dish in theory will never over flow.

It is sensible in this situation to soak up the melt water with towels rather than risk the dish over flowing and wetting the electrics.

Problem is I have hundreds of pounds worth of special food in there.

JamesEB

put a thermometer in there.

If the airways are choked it will not be at the correct temperature so the food will spoil, in which case you may as well take it out now, and eat it, give it away, or ask someone to freeze it for you.

Have you read the instructions yet?

I have no thermometer and no means of getting one.

The food is frozen solid.

I haven't got anyone to give the food to or to freeze it for me.

No instructions came with it and I can't find them on the internet. If you have a link I would appreciate it.

However, last night when I looked at it and had decided to call out Bosch the flashing had stopped, the temp gone back to 18 and all appears to be working normally.

It is still the same and seems fine.

Thanks for help
JamesEB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back