AEG Upright Freezer (Fault light flashing)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a nearly new upright freezer

AEG AGE62526NW

The 18C and a small triangle are both flashing.

Would someone tell me what to do please.

Thanks
JamesB

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
May I/we politely ask why you are not able to read a manual? I am of course assuming you can read this forum?

Sponsored Links
May I/we politely ask why you are not able to read a manual? I am of course assuming you can read this forum?

Would someone help me please I don't want to lose my stuff.

I am a frail 80 years old with many disabilities. I'm on my own with no-one nearby to help. I have been right through the manual before I asked on here.

What I could see I couldn't understand.

I need help please.

Thanks
JamesEB

I am desperately worried about losing all my food.

Would somebody help me please.

Thanks

James, the ideal freezer temperature is -18 degrees C which should be visible on the temperature panel.
If the freezer can maintain this temperature then there shouldn’t be an issue which could indicate a faulty alarm system.
Is the display changing?
Is there anything preventing the doors from fully closing?
Is the freezer located in a dead air area which is making it work harder than usual?
John :)

Yes, the manual states that this is caused by a high temperature event. Have you had a brief power cut lately, have you ensured the doors are properly shut. Is there anything else that could cause a high temperature event, freezer next to a radiator etc??

James, the ideal freezer temperature is -18 degrees C which should be visible on the temperature panel.
If the freezer can maintain this temperature then there shouldn’t be an issue which could indicate a faulty alarm system.
Is the display changing?
Is there anything preventing the doors from fully closing?
Is the freezer located in a dead air area which is making it work harder than usual?

Thanks Burnerman but none of this.

The alarm hasn't been on.

I've had it a few months and it's been perfect so it was a bit of a surprise to find this.

The triangle and 18C are both still flashing.

Would you tell me how to reset them please.

Thanks
James EB

the flashing triangle is an alarm indicator according to the manual.The manual suggests that pressing any button should reset the alarm condition, perhaps if you switched the power off then back on after a few seconds it may also reset it. the following is listed as being things to check, but I am not sure if any of this will help you. It seems as if you will need an engineer to sort it out.

Fridge freezer shows an alarm, red warning light, flashing triangle or beeps
Issue:
  • Alarm is visible on the panel
  • Red light flashes on the display
  • Display shows a flashing triangle
  • Appliance emits an emergency alarm sound or beeps
  • Inadequate cooling, not cooling enough, temperature too high
Applies to:
  • Refrigerator
  • Fridge/freezer
Resolution:
1. Switch the emergency alarm off by pressing any button

2. Wait approx. 12 hours for the appliance to achieve the correct temperature if you have just set it up

3. If you have just placed a large number of food items into the appliance, the alarm will stop sounding when the temperature is normal again

4. Check whether the fan inside the appliance is on and running. (if your appliance has a fan)

• You can check the fan by closing the door for a moment and opening it again.
  • Right after opening the door, you can hear whether the fan is running and whether it is stopping too soon.
5. Ensure that the appliance stands level

Adjust the feet on the bottom and check the level with a spirit level.

6. Check whether the appliance is installed and secured correctly so that the door closes tightly (integrated appliances)

7. Check whether the door seal is clean and undamaged

8. Check whether the door is closed properly and avoid leaving the door open for a long time

9. Check whether the door hinges are secure and undamaged. Replace any defective hinge parts.

10. Check that the appliance is cooling correctly

• Measure the temperature with a thermometer in a glass of water placed inside the fridge.
  • If the temperature is between +4 to +5°C, the fridge is working correctly.
  • The core temperature of foodstuffs is more important than the internal air temperature of the fridge, as air temperature will fluctuate during each refrigeration cycle (between the refrigeration compressor starting and stopping).
  • Please note that cheaper thermometers may show variations of ±1–2°C or more.
  • Adjust the temperature by turning the temperature regulator or via the control panel.
11. Check that the appliance has been installed with adequate ventilation.

You can find the ventilation requirements in your user manual or installation guide.

12. Check that the protective packaging has been removed from the door (integrated appliances)

13. Check whether the ambient temperature is too high or too low relative to the climate class on the rating plate

14. Defrost the appliance and switch it on again

15. Contact an Authorized Service Centre

If the above suggestions did not solve the problem, we recommend requesting a visit by a service engineer.

I'm sorry but I don't think anyone here will resolve your problem, hopefully I'm wrong.

Thanks for so much help but I don’t understand most of it and much of it doesn’t apply.

It’s a freezer not a fridge, has no red lights etc. Is new and was installed by the manufacturer and is excellent.

All I was asking was if someone would look at the manual and tell me how to reset the flashing -18C and triangle.

They are not actually lights, someone has added that.

You will see from the manual all it has is a small digital display with 5 items on it.

1. A circle with a line through it like a typical on/off switch

2. The word Mode

3. The word OK

4. Minus sign

5. Plus sign with -18C above it

That is all

I have just fiddled about with all of them and it has come back to the normal stable -18C and is working fine.

All seems well

Would someone please tell me how the digital display operates

Thanks all for help

James EB

The digital display operation is well explained in section 4 of the manual, I don't know how it can be explained more clearly without someone standing next to you & the appliance & going through it's operation, sorry. As you are disabled do you not have a carer or social worker who could help explain things for you.

The digital display operation is well explained in section 4 of the manual, I don't know how it can be explained more clearly without someone standing next to you & the appliance & going through it's operation, sorry. As you are disabled do you not have a carer or social worker who could help explain things for you.

I can't find it in the manual and as it's not much I hoped someone wouldn't mind writing it down for me. Quicker than your couple of sentences here I would have thought.

Where's Burnerman ?

He's the best.

Thanks
JamesEB

I'm just a mere 'tinkerer' James - by no means an expert with these appliances!
However, the digital display can become confused when it gets commands that it doesn't agree with.....one being the child lock button being activated when the door is already open, etc and there are others. Another issue is a very short power failure - in the microsecond length. If your appliance has the ice making facility, an alarm goes off when the ice hasn't been given long enough to form.
Usually the way to stabilise things and bring them back down to normal function is to either switch the appliance off and wait for 5 minutes before turning back on or to press the OK button for more than 5 seconds......both of these are called 'rebooting' the system (Goodness knows where that phrase came from, but there we are).
Anyway, I don't think there was any cooling problems with your freezer - they are designed to 'fail safe' where possible, and the temperature display is the one to watch.
18 degrees centigrade being the the norm.
Hope this reassures you!

I guess Victor Meldrew did not die, but moved from Hampshire to Surrey:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back