AEG Upright Freezer (Fault light flashing)

I have just scrapped my two year old AEG A72710GNW0 upright freezer after it failed for the second time. The fault, that people have frequently mentioned, is the temperature dispay appearing to be correct -18 degrees, whist the internal temperature, fortunately I measured it independently and only by chance, was well above that figure; on two occasions it settled at around -10 degrees. This is a very serious desgn fault, because the displayed temperature is the pre-set TARGET temperature not the actual COMPARTMENT temperature. Worse, the second time this happened even the warning triangle that indicates a low compartment temperature failed to flash. It would be possible under these circumstances to be oblivious to the the fact, day on day, that the contents were being destroyed. The first time this fault happened it was only one year old and then it tooks three weeks for someone to turn up. When they (a contracted warranty repairer) arrived they replaced a sensor but also, presumably at great cost and pointlessly, also re-gassed the compressor! Just written-off this (possible health hazard) junk, cut my losses and bought a basic, simple freezer. My main concern is not that appliances like this go wrong, fans and sensors etc always can fail and sometimes quite randomly, but, this AEG A72710GNW0 upright freezer had no way of telling me there was a potentially dangerous problem.

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-6_13-59-49.jpeg
    upload_2021-2-6_13-59-49.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 77
Sponsored Links
I am restarting this thread as I have a similar problem
I have an AEG Arctis Freezer model A72710GNX0. The temperature warning triangle is continuously flashing. When I press either the + or - buttons the display does not change. From reading the manual I understand that the actual temp is displayed for a few seconds and then reverts to the desired temp. I assume as this is not happening both the actual and desired temps are the same so all ok. I have tried turning off but no difference apart from the audible alarm sounds for an hour
Has anyone else had a similar issue and did you manage to sorty it out? TIA

i know its an old thread
but some personal observations
i have a very old freezer it maintains a good 16-19 temperature indeed the control knob is stuck it has been for years
but i stopped storing meat and fish in it except after defrosting as i found out after about 6 months when it starts to ice up the freezer will still be around -18 by the detector which because off its position will have an ice build up around it and because off this the actual internal temperature hovers at around -10degrees denoted by a remote probe placed in the middle off tthe freezer over 24 hours ??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back