Bosch Logi XX frost free freezer temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch Logi XX upright double door frost free freezer that always runs at 18 C temperature.

It has now gone to 14 and will not budge no matter what I do. I have tried resetting it and have put the Super freeze on but to no avail.

Can someone help please?

Thanks for help.

James

Sponsored Links
click on the link I provided and read a few dozen of the replies to similar questions asked before. I think there are about 60 all together.

Sponsored Links
can't you read the links?

this question has been asked, and answered, numerous times.

frost-free freezers contain ducts hidden in the back that cold air in blown through. Frost collects in these. When working correctly, the machine periodically melts the frost and allows it to drain away.

What happens is the ducts become clogged with ice and unable to drain away, and the cold air is unable to blow through them.

Sometimes leaving the door slightly open causes it. Sometimes the defrost circuit fails.

Unplug it from the electricity; take out all the food and eat it or throw it away; open both the doors and wait for all the ice to melt and drip out of the ducts. This may take more than 24 hours. As it is inside the ducts behind the back panel you can't do much to speed it up. Check that any drainage channels are not blocked by peas or fungus. Preferably pull the appliance away from the wall so you can see water dripping into the drip dish (clean it out) on the back as well as dripping into the bottom of the cabinet. You must wait for it all to melt and drip out or you have wasted your time. If the drip dish overflows water may get into electrical parts and cause damage. The dish may be very dirty and mouldy.

When dry, close the doors and turn it on. It should now work OK.

If it blocks again in a month or two, buy a new one.

Frost-free freezers are prone to ice blockages in the airducts in the casing at the back. To melt it out you have to switch off and leave doors open for about 24 hours until water stops dripping inside the cabinet or into the dish at the back.

If you have lost the instructions, look them up online.

If its a frost-free freezer, there are airducts hidden inside the casing that can get choked with ice, so you have to defrost until all dripping stops and it dries out. Two days should be enough if the doors were open but might not be if closed.

Have a look at the drip dish round the back, as well as water inside the cabinet.

If it is a frost-free freezer there is a good chance the ducts at the back are choked with ice. Sometimes this is because the heating circuit is not working. You can't get at these ducts.

Take out all the food from the freezer, unplug it, leave the door open for 24 hours or until it stops dripping, whichever is the longer.

Pull it away from the wall so you can see water dripping into the collection dish on top of the motor, as well as dripping into the bottom of the cabinet. Do not start it up before all the hidden ice has dripped out, or you have wasted your time. Clean out the collection dish so it doesn't overflow onto any electrical parts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back