Bosch fridge/freezer KAG90A120G/08 ice maker problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The ice maker on my fridge freezer has stopped dispensing. It makes ice but the flap won't open. I find that there is a solenoid mechanism behind the front control panel but cannot find a way to access this. I've found videos of people sticking instruments in around the edge and unclicking it, but not for this model.

Does anybody know how to get inside?
IMG_5650.JPG

Sponsored Links
Yes it does, and it makes ice. There's a screw mechanism to drive the ice forwards which works, but it just won't let it out down the chute.

If you can access the ice compartment, and carefully remove the build up of ice that usually works. There is usually a compartment on the inside of the the door which unclips. The manufacturers spare parts exploded diagram can give a clue as to how it goes together.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Looks like I'm getting somewhere. I've found a spare parts catalogue with photos so I might yet get inside. I've even applied to Bosch for help, though I suspect they won't tell me unless I'm a professional fridge fitter.

OK I got it sorted. Well it's not fixed but I got inside. It's mainly a matter of slipping some thin strips in the sides then pulling out from the bottom after removing one screw. I was reading about special kits you can get but I just used a couple of old credit cards.

The flap is activated by a solenoid via a rather flimsy plastic rod.

Follow up if anybody is interested. I got a replacement flap from Bosch - £19 inc post. Quite easy to fit but if anybody does this make sure you study where wiring and a couple of springs go before you take it apart.

Hi Andy, thank you for this info.. I have exactly yet same issue. Is is it the flap that fails or the solenoid?
I’m still struggling to get the front cover off if I’m honest.

Ok, from your post I have managed to get to the flap and found exactly what you described, a broken flimsy shaft. I have temporarily repaid mine by drilling a 1.5 mm hole down the centre of both halves adding super glue and inserting a short piece of 1.5mm welding rod though the middle. I then plastic welded the join for
IMG_2676.jpeg
good measure. Hope fully this will keep it working while I source the replacement.
Thanks again for the post, it pointed me It pointed me in the right direction to trace the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back