Bosch frost free fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch Frost-free fridge-freezer model KGN39V00GB/01 serial number 8606/160047 purchased in 2006. I chose this model because of the large fridge section and the fact that it has no protruding handles on the front.

It has been nothing but trouble and upset. I bought it because it was FROST FREE and would never need defrosting. Instead each year there has been a build up of solid clear ice on the bottom of the freezer below the bottom drawer (the freezer section is the lower half) and at one point the door would not close due to ice build up pushing out the "roof" plastic part at the top of the freezer section. At the same time the fan started making a hell of a racket and I thought that the motor would burn out. There is meant to be a fan and a heating element which removes the need to ever defrost this appliance which is why I bought it. I have called out an engineer three years running to sort this out and yet again I have solid ice building up in the bottom of the freezer cabinet. I am exasperated and worried that if I call them out again they will try and say it is "old" but I haven't had a clear year's usage of the thing yet. Can any Bosch engineer throw any light on this before I go back yet again to the manufacturer. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back