Bosch GBH2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's stopped working and I think it's either the switch or maybe the overload clutch. Basically when you give the body a slap it start working, but keeps cutting in and out. Lovely bit of kit and don't want to bin it. No warranty....any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Normally with corded drills, the wire/wires break where they enter the drill.

If you feel Competent doing it, cut off 6" of lead, and rewire into your drill, this will eliminate one possibility.

Took it apart and brushes 'look' ok. It's almost new, except out of warranty. Wiring looks intact. I thought I'd do an electrical test on the switch to see if current is passing when it is depressed. In fact brushes are hardly used.
It's like the switch is not making 100% contact when depressed, so the motor revs then dies, then revs a bit more then dies etc etc....
Looking inside I cannot see anything apart from the switch that could cause this.

Sponsored Links
Trim the cable as suggested above to rule it out. If you think it's the switch then the best you can do is try squirting some contact cleaner into it if there are any holes, slots in the casing, if it's better afterwards you know the internal contacts are dirty.

Then you can decide if sourcing a spare is easier and cheaper than dismantling the switch - some are easy to put back together, others are a right pig! (Lots of experience with switch gear in cars, v.fiddly and annoying)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back