Bosch GWR 10.8v Angle Driver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry I'm harping on about this Bosch 10.8 range again (which I'm really liking) but wondered whether anyone else finds the trigger on the angle driver too sensitive? Mine goes almost halfway in then the whole speed range comes in the next millimetre of trigger movement, then its at full speed for the rest of the way until the trigger is fully pressed.
A bit annoying if you want to start a screw slowly. Anyone else find this or is mine dodgy and needing to be returned?

Sponsored Links
are you saying that the variable speed is working fine but "cramped" into the last bit off trigger movement or its lumpy and uneven and mostly in the lats bit off movement!!!

cant say ive noticed but i do find the electronic torque control a bit strange and maybe its connected to that!!!
have you tried sliding it up and down to see what happens!!!

i will have a go at mines tommorow and see if i can replicate the fault

It's all in the middle! The actual movement is smooth, but there is no electrical contact until half pressed, then within about one mill it goes from very slow to very fast. Ie it's very hard to keep it going slowly.
I agree the electric clutch thing is wierd but I'll prob get used to that.

Sponsored Links
is that purely under load or when you"play" with it like we all do :LOL: :LOL:

Well both big Al. Initially it was just playing, as you do with power tools! I did some tests today and it really does seem it's all or nothing with this trigger. Most of the time you just want to ram the screw or drill in at full power anyway, but it makes delicate screwing impossible really. What's yours like?
Got the torch in the end. Love it - it's really bright and good quality.

mines if fine realy a bit steppy and quite compessed as in about 10 to 15 steps resonably spaced within half a trigger pull travel space

but to be honest i dont use speed control or clutch control i just go by feel and let go at the correct moment

Don't know if you're still following this Big Al but I got fed up wth the angle driver. Called Bosch who picked it up, and today they sent me a new one. It's a totally different tool. Just as I expected - much more control. Bosch are back in my good books!

always love feedback :D
it helps no end and completes the storey ;)
glad you got a good un

i am shure we have all pottered on with or thrown tools in the back off the cupboard and grumbled rather than go to the bother of "sorting the problem" ;)

Thanks for taking the time to respond in the first place. If you hadn't said yours was fine I wouldn't have bothered to send mine back. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back