Bosch Logixx Slimline Dishwasher, not draining, tripping RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After an age hunting down what was occasionally tripping my RCD, I found that the culprit was my dishwasher, a Bosch Logixx slimline.

It had occasionally not drained properly, and seemed to improve after cleaning the filters etc.
Now, it seems to be tripping the RCD when it's about 45 mins or so from competing its 120m cycle.

I've had the side panels off and there's only a little water in the bottom. The float system (looks like something out of the game Mousetrap with that red rod!) to the left was massively gunged up and crusted with scale so I took it out and cleaned it up. the float now moves beautifully. I was guessing that this wasn't working and causing water to spray out past the float which was stuck (and so not cutting the water off).

The machine worked well on a short test cycle but still didn't drain.
On a full cycle, it trips still, with little sign of water coming out.

I'd like to try to clean out the drain pump impeller but there's no access to this in the sump of this model - annoying after seeing so many videos where there's a little clip-out to get to it.

The water inside gets plenty hot, so I'm going to set aside the idea of the heater element shorting for the timebeing.

Anyone know how to get to the impeller on this model so I can have a fish about?

Cheers.

eNumber is: SRS56202GB/8

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back