Bosch power tools and complaints

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch sander, the type where you velcro the pads to the bottom or cut your own paper and fit it under the flaps.

It was over £30 I'm sure, and far from the cheapest, but I thought in the long run it'd save money.

After a few DIY projects the rubber flap at the front, where you fit the paper under, broke off. It costs £20 for a replacement.

My dad bought me a cheap sander at Christmas, with metal catches that hold the paper, this method seems much more robust and less likely to break.

The Bosch is no longer under guarantee, but hadn't had much use. I'm thinking of writing to Bosch and wondered if anyone had ever complained before about this problem or any other and whether they got anything out of it.

TIA amanda ;)

Sponsored Links
amandaeb said:
I'm thinking of writing to Bosch
Yes they might need to modify or improve the next model and they might give you a money off voucher toward another model or in some case a replacement.My mum's always writing if anything is wrong and 8/10 she normally get some money off or goody bag as a gesture of good will :rolleyes:

Thanks Mason

will write when I've finished the bathroom...whenever that will be...!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back