bosch psb 18 li-2 or DeWalt DCD776D2T-Gb 18V combi drill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bosch £107 in B&Q or DeWalt £100 in Screwfix
For a keen DIYer, which would you guys recommend?

Sponsored Links
I'd normally recommend Bosch all day long, but with that particular drill, from their green DIY range, you are limiting yourself in the future to what other tools you can buy bare/naked (i.i with no batteries or charger) which will be compatible with what you have.

So go for the DeWalt and you'll be able to buy more compatible tools as you expand your set. It says here...
http://products.dewalt.co.uk/attachments/productdetails/catno/DCB183/
...that those batteries are compatible with "All 18V XR Li-Ion DEWALT tools".

I certainly agree with rsgaz on future use. Cordless is they way to go for all diy power tools, the convenience is priceless. With many brands selling bare tools it does make buying them cheaper if you have the batteries. The ‘industrial’ ranges of brands do have a plethora of aftermarket batteries available at very cheap prices.

This may seem not-the-done-thing but I have used aftermarket batteries and can vouch for the reliability and longevity, providing you scout the internet for a reliable seller with good reviews. Batteries can cost 25% of the branded ones for the same longevity. I use Makita tools with said cheap batteries with identical performance.

Diy range tools are more restricted.

Sponsored Links
This may seem not-the-done-thing but I have used aftermarket batteries and can vouch for the reliability and longevity, providing you scout the internet for a reliable seller with good reviews. Batteries can cost 25% of the branded ones for the same longevity. I use Makita tools with said cheap batteries with identical performance.

They're fine until they burn your house down because of the lack of circuit protection.

I personally know people who have had knock off batteries explode and there's been cases in recent years in the news, one about a guy on a train or the tube comes to mind.

Not worth the £10-20 you'll save over a genuine battery and while performance seems good to start with they don't last half as long as the proper ones do. Just not worth wasting money on.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-passengers-injured-tfl-hackney-a7568326.html

1491-15_MakitaSite_KnockOffBattery_Feature_R2.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back