Bosch RD537i - Water, ages to heat up - CH on after time!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved into our house with a RD537i and although it is meant to be more energy efficient I cant see it yet!!!! The water takes ages to heat up and then goes cold again. Also the heating stays on even after the time is timed to go off at 22:00hrs??? Please help as we used to have it so easy with the wall mounted timer and overide switches if we wanted the heating on! Cheers Tony :(

Sponsored Links
this is the one with the stupid clock arrangement within the display panel on the front of the boiler yes?
it gives you very little control without the TR2 roomstat. does it have a roomstat?

what times are in for the heating? are you sure HW is enabled and not blocked?

if there is no bypass for the heating system the boiler will often sit in overrun for long periods and will not respond to HW demand until the overrun is complete. classic symptoms are lukewarm water then cold and the boiler temp display showing 80+ degrees for long periods.

Yes it is definitely the one with the stupid clock arrangement on the front so I have to lie on the floor to set it...

Yes we do have a room stat

Heating: I have the heating set from 18:00 to 22:30 although it seems to stay on after that and then comes on in the morning!!!

Water: I will re-check that as have reset the time to all day...

Your bypass theory seems exactly what happens, what does overun mean?

Cheers so far

Tony

It means the pump carrying on AFTER a demand for heat.

I am not quite sure Nick has clearly defined what he means though. I think he is referring to a system with all rads turned off by TRVs when ( wrongly ) no by pass has been fitted.

Its not fair to blame a boiler for an incorrect installation. But some manage better than others under adverse conditions.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes it is definitely the one with the stupid clock arrangement on the front so I have to lie on the floor to set it...

Yes we do have a room stat

Heating: I have the heating set from 18:00 to 22:30 although it seems to stay on after that and then comes on in the morning!!!

Water: I will re-check that as have reset the time to all day...

Your bypass theory seems exactly what happens, what does overun mean?

Cheers so far

Tony

does the roomstat look like the one on this page with two dials, TR2 controller? if it is what setting is the smaller dial on?

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...&prev=/images?q=tr2+roomstat&gbv=2&hl=en&sa=G

are you using the instructions to set the on off times? the clock and water settings are stupidly worded and not easy to get right, not saying you are stupid of course. :)

Yes the room stat looks exactly like the one in the picture....

It is set to the sun picture....should it be set to the clock???

I am using the instructions to set the on-off times and yes the wording is stupid....release and blocked!! why not just read on and off :)

Cheers

T

Yes the room stat looks exactly like the one in the picture....

It is set to the sun picture....should it be set to the clock???

I am using the instructions to set the on-off times and yes the wording is stupid....release and blocked!! why not just read on and off :)

Cheers

T

its german, who knows what strange things go on in their heads. :LOL:

iirc the sun symbol means all day. the clock symbol is for timed.

Soooo.....

Thats the heating sorted out...many thanks..

Any ideas as to why the HW runs at random temperatures!

T

hmm. not really had any issues with hot water other than the one mentioned above.

could be any of the usual if its running hot/cold......thermistor, incorrect gas settings, scaled heatex. could be difficult to diagnose on here if you are not willing to mess around with it yourself.

check its even coming by itself......turn the heating dial right down to the umbrella symbol, thatll put the heating off. then open a tap and see if the burner lights....green light with the flame symbol next to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back