Bosch Serie 4 Washing Machine Add Laundry Light - Won't Spin WAN28201GB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a Bosch Serie 4 washing machine, model WAN28201GB which suddenly won't work properly.

If you put it on a normal programme e.g. cottons, everything initially seems to work as expected - door locks, wash and add laundry symbols light up, water is added into the drum but then nothing.. and wash light goes off, add laundry flashes.. then goes solid and nothing. It's stuck and you have to turn off at the mains and release the door with the emergency release to start another programme.

If you put it on spin only turning off Aqua Control it does pretty much the same.

It's outside of the 2 year warranty, there's a 10 year warranty on the motor but Bosch want over £100 plus parts before they'll even come to look at it and can't say from what I've described whether it's the motor or not.

Here is what I've tried:

- Different combinations of buttons on the control panel (initially to try and get the door open as laundry was stuck inside) - now I can open using the emergency release.

- Cleaned the inside of the pump under the service flap (it was not blocked or very dirty).

- Turned off the cold water supply and checked the water inlet filter (it was completely clear)

- Checked the drain hose and sink trap/spigot where it connects (they were not blocked or very dirty)

- Checked the water nozzles in the detergent drawer/removed the detergent drawer (they were not blocked or very dirty)

Any ideas as to what could be causing the issue? Could it actually be the motor?

Thanks in advance,
chaoticj

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back