Hoover optima won't complete the wash cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My washing machine will run all the programmes to the final rinse and spin. It then sticks and will take on a little water, rotate the drum once, then stops for a bit and repeats this cycle until I switch it off. If i then put it on a spin only programme, it works fine but just wont do it as part of a full wash programme.
The conditioner bit of the detergent drawer remains full of water too. Tried cleaning filters and drawer but it didn't work.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Make sure the rinse hold is turned off. Cleaning out the fab. conditioner compartment should cure the blockage in that. Make sure any holes are clear as it is just a syphon system.

Thanks Fidom,
I did all that before posting. The problem is specific to certain programmes and on the programmes where I don't have a problem, the fab-con container works fine.
I think its a "programmer" problem but I thought i would try this before phoning an engineer, sometimes these things are easily solved.
P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back