Bosch series 8 oven chassis is "live"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have been sing this Bosch series 8 single oven since new for about 6 or so years and I've not had any issues until now. For the last couple of weeks the chassis has been live. There are now error messages, and the oven actually works fine believe it or not! But if I touch anything metal on the oven I get electrocuted. When I've had to use it, I plug it in and use a combination of wooden spoons and big oven gloves (Yes... I know... this is not great!)

The interesting thing is my mutimeter registers around 108-112 volts from the chassis (obviously we are around 220-230. I've checked different plug sockets, I've had the back off and disconnected various things from the control board, but I don't get any error messages at anypoint (even with fans and heating elements disconnected form the control board, and I still get the volts through the chassis.

The control board looks absolutely clean, no scorching or signs of damage.

Before I start paying for parts... just wondering if anyone has any ideas that I haven't thought of?

Model: HBG6767S1/05

Sponsored Links
Looks like you've got a broken earth conductor. Get an pro to have a look.

Is it RCD protected?
If it is, try pressing the TEST button and see if that trips the RCD..and report back here.

Sponsored Links
Can you post a pic of the back of the oven where the mains cable is connected

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back