Bosch SMV5503GB07

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BOSCH SMV5503
today we loaded the dishwasher it completed the wash and dry but did not switch off and it was just sitting there for about two hours making a moaning whirring sound. NOW it does not seem to want to run. I have cycled the timer by hand - i stuck a screwdriver into the centre spindle and the dishwasher clicks and whirs and things seem to work the powder door opens the door switch seems ok etc However it does not seem to want to do a water fill no matter what i do. I had it just set on the rinse when i was testing it out.
IT does have one of these powered inlet hose connector things. Also where do i go to get a users manual and maybe even a technical how to fix it manual

HELLLLLLLLP please David

Sponsored Links
stripped it down and had a long hard look at it it ran a few progs and everything works it just gets hung up at the end of the program

it would seem to be the drain pump that is not switching off and running all the time

what sensor tells the dishwasher to stop pumping out the water?

Sounds as though machine has leaked into base and as activated anti flood switch in base of machine

Sponsored Links
well it had and it was or seemed to be actuated

when i had the dishwasher out on the floor i did of course clean all of the water out from the base pan i also removed the flood switch and cleaned the float.

KUNFOOSED i am why would the pump keep running because there was water in the base of the machine as the pump is only connected to the innards of the dishwasher and not the base pan..............or am i missing sumfin here?

needless to say the Dishwasher "seems to be" working ok now so it would look as if this anti flood switch was the source of the problem - of course the water in the base being the real issue here not that there was much about 1/2 a pint i suppose - there seems to be a problem on the right hand of the doorseal

haven't tried a full real wash cycle yet will report back soon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back