1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Bosch SMV69T20GB Dishwasher no Power? :(

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by devs, 12 Dec 2019.

1. devs

devs

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi guys things always have a knack at striking at the worst possible time :(

Todays challenge..

My integrated Bosch SMV69T20GB Dishwasher is not powering on. I've checked the connecting power via a multimeter (green cable) and it is receiving correctly so must be something internal. So far I can not see or locate any internal fuse so can only assume that it must be a fault with the main control panel?

Does anyone know how I could check this unit prior to ordering a replacement?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I simply can not afford an engineer.

Many thanks, Steve.
    IMG_0585.JPG IMG_1381.JPG IMG_2611.JPG

2. Sponsored Links
  3. devs

devs

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Could anyone please explain how I could test if this unit has failed? There is no visual evidence of failure.

Many thanks.

IMG_0292.JPG IMG_1879.JPG

4. devs

devs

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  5. assuhors

assuhors

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If you take the pcb out of the box and look very carefully, sometimes you can see some fried components. Usually a resistor and a mini transformer chip.

6. devs

devs

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello mate and thanks for the input. Greatly appreciated. I've just done that and everything seems in tact. Unfortunately for me I took a punt and have ordered a replacement of that part. I suppose if its unopened I could return.

Any other suggests as to what I should be checking? I can only think of looking around the control panel where any indications of life would usually be displayed..?

Thanks.

7. devs

devs

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I've just had a good look over the full unit and anything electrical visually appears to be in check. :(

8. devs

devs

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Dam, just replaced the main board pictured above. Thought everything was working again as the unit powered up and the control panel lit. Went to program a wash and as soon as a button was pressed the unit failed again :( Boo.

9. Sponsored Links