Bosch tumble drier stops turning

Thanks. I wish it was a five min job but as the switch isn't working because a small bit of plastic has fallen out I have no idea how to put it back in. So what you are saying is all that needs to come off to get to the vent is take the kick plate off and not the front panel ?

Sponsored Links
yes nothing from the front needed to be removed at all as its all from the bottom panel at the back as I stated . The person who said you have to access from the front hasn't got a clue and should not be trying to provide any advice as they don't know what they are talking about.

And they have caused me to mess up the front switch by taking the front panel off. So even if I change the capacitor it now won't work. How frustrating. No wonder they never replied when I got into trouble.

So it's the rear bottom panel I should have taken off then.

And they have caused me to mess up the front switch by taking the front panel off. So even if I change the capacitor it now won't work. How frustrating. No wonder they never replied when I got into trouble.
Have you thought that they might have wanted to spend time with their family over the festive period rather than looking at this site. Everyone ,as far as I know, gives their time & advice for free so don't be so b****y ungrateful

Sponsored Links
I posted the question well before Christmas to be fair. Nowt to do with being ungrateful.

So I am now stuck with a tumble drier that I can't use because I cannot get the door switch to work.

I cannot get the control panel off. It's impossible !!!!! I can't believe nobody here doesn't know how to remove it from these horrible metal clips that seem to dig into it with teeth.

I have tried believe me but it will snap the plastic panel for sure.

Swwwwwsssssh (sound of tumbleweed)

You started this over a month ago and still not fixed it :confused: maybe you should have called an engineer as it would have been up and running long before now ..sorry to sound cruel but this was a simple repair that has just gone on and on and on :eek:

I simply asked how to open the drier to change the capacitor. I was told incorrectly which has resulted in the problem I now have of the door not triggering the on switch. All the people who initially advised me have gone quiet. I am not paying £80 plus for an engineer . If I know how to get the switch working again I can get the capacitor fitted from the last advise (the correct) given. Bosch were unhelpful when I contacted them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back