Bosch WVF 2401 tumble drier Mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bosch WVF2401 washer drier has stopped working in drier mode. The heater on top of the drum heats up, the fan rotates but does not push through a flow of air substantial enough to dry the clothes. It is just a slight draught. It stopped working suddenly rather than gradually got worse over time. The plastic chamber that the fan sits in look as if it is just a simple box, I haven't located the inlet yet but there are a couple of small bore rubber tubes to it.

I am not sure if the fan is working efficiently. it is spinning in the correct direction but I am not sure if it is fast enough.

Has anyone experienced thes problems before

Sponsored Links
The fault was located in the bottom entry to the fan ducting. It was hard to prove this without defeating the door interlock and feeling the air flow. Caution don't put your hands into the drum this will be turning. Initially as the heating cycle was started warm air would come through but then stop. The fan was creating a vacuum on the inlet.

To rectify, tip the machine onto its right hand side (as you look at it). then remove bottom access coupling and pull out all the accumulated fibres etc. quite fiddly but only a phillips type screwdriver is needed.

Keri

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back