Bosch tumble drier stops turning

You won't find the motor capacitor under the lid.
It is on the motor in the base (RH side). The side panels & base are welded & cant be removed so the only way in is via the front panel. You need to remove the lid, kick-strip, control panel & take out the door catch screws before removing the front panel. Note down the full model number on the door sticker & go the the BSH website, you can pull up constructional drawings for this model.

Sponsored Links
Can't find any diagram for this on the website. I can't see why yu would have to remove the control panel as it doesn't get you access to the base. besides, there are wires connected which look quite complex. I unscrewed the door screws and I couldn't get the front panel off.

I now have no idea how to get inside :cry:

Note down the full model number on the door sticker & go the the BSH website, you can pull up constructional drawings for this model.
Go here http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/search
Type in the FULL MODEL NUMBER (E-number). It looks something similar to this WTA2000GB/17.
Hit "search" then click on "spare parts list & diagrams" A set of constructional drawings will magically appear.
If you still can't manage to figure it out then perhaps you ought to call a service engineer......

Sponsored Links
That's great thanks but it still doesn't show you clearly how it comes apart. It's just an exploded view of all the parts.

If you need a blow by blow "how to" complete with photos you're out of luck. You would need a service manual for that & they are trade only. I can only suggest you study the constructional drawings & follow the description I gave you a couple of posts up. If you still can't figure it out then I'm afraid you'll just have to call assistance. There is no disgrace in leaving it to someone who does this kind of stuff for a living...."horses for courses" etc ;)

No, I won't be beaten and I would rather keep my money. I like to do things myself and there must be a way. The kick plate has special screws though. I have the head but the screwdriver shaft is too thick for the long hole.

That's the spirit.
You could go in via the rear panel if it seems too complicated from the front. Not sure if you can get to the capacitor without removing the drum but it doesn't harm to take a peek.
If you go that way then you'd have to remove: the lid, rear panel, heater...& belt (if you have to take out the drum).

What an absolute nightmare. I managed to get most of the front off and not quite the control panel due to hard metal clips keeping it in place. I tried for the life of me to shift them but I feared they may snap the plastic. Anyway, the main of the front off and a huge plastic vent was in the way. Could see no way of moving it. Tried to put it all back together again which is where the fun started. Absolutely ages and stressed. Tried to power it up. and nothing. The on switch will not stay in. Even if I hold it in by hand it doesn't start. No light and I have even pressed the reset switch at the back. There is a small plastic piece that fell out earlier and I have no way of knowing where it came from. My guess is it is part of the switch but I still wouldn't know how to put it back.

If only I had known how hard it was to change a capacitor I wouldn't have wasted a day making the problem worse.

Gutted :cry:

So can nobody tell me how I get those metal clips off the control panel which seem impossible to shift?

I get plenty of advice about what I need to get and now I am stuck nobody seems to know :unsure:

I will just have to accept that there is nobody here who knows ewt about tumble driers. I will continue using rads, clothes maiden in front of coal fire and dehumidifier. Cheaper anyway
;)

This is indeed a White knight dryer disguised as a Bosch and you never change a White knight capacitor from the front!!! you need to remove the bottom panel which the vent hose goes through at the back you will then see the motor on the left and the capacitor is on a bracket fixed to the motor. A five minute job . Hopefully you can reassemble the front now as thats a right pig.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back