Bosch Washing Machine - gone up in smoke

Thanks Magicmushrooms - yes, there is a locating cradle.
Tested the old,element with multimeter - it reads 0.4, so basically, nothing. I read that it should be 25-40 ish.

We used to use HG stuff on stainless steel. Really good.

Have bought some eSpares cleaner / limescale remover which has 5* rating. Washing machine engineer once told me you should run a 90 degree wash every now and again.
We have a Monarch Scaleout which does stop,the limescale ‘sticking’ - but it doesn’t stop the magnesium(?),. So we can wipe off our deposits with a cloth. Still horrified at that element - I’ll do anything to avoid that in the future.

Sponsored Links
Harry - is it whisky or a beer? You are a total saint and star and have saved me a fortune. Also to Mattylad too who told me to replace the element.

I cannot thank you enough. And such an easy job. Sadly, the inline valve started leaking - such a long story, ended up having to replace that - cutting off the olive - didn’t work, thought I’d damaged the copper 15mm pipe. Did it all again, still leaked, cut off the new olive. Put it all back together again. All videos on YouTube show someone standing up in a workshop or garden showing you what to do - not on your knees, behind a washing machine and against a wall! The waste too ofcourse I’d taken out and that had to go back with the help of bits of string negotiating 90 degree bends behind the backs of cupboards. So, 5 minutes or less to replace the element 2 days to sort out the water leak. But hey, was it worth it - you bet!

Eternal thanks once again. (2nd photo proves it’s heating up).

Attachments

• D5601A72-BEF4-4A8B-8556-CF1D895139E2.jpeg
    D5601A72-BEF4-4A8B-8556-CF1D895139E2.jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 5BDAE677-888D-44D6-B804-CB9BCFDC3B14.jpeg
    5BDAE677-888D-44D6-B804-CB9BCFDC3B14.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back