Bosch Washing Machine Motor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!
I've managed to get the motor out of my Bosch washing machine but can't seem to find where the carbon brushes are located (for replacement).Duggh!
Can anyone please help me? Thank you.
(I've tried to get diagrams from the internet with no luck.)

Sponsored Links
I managed to replace the brushes (only) without too much trouble.
Boche expect you to pay 50 odd quid for a new backplate when the brushes are only a few quid. Find some carbons that are slightly oversize and use sandpaper to "adjust" them !! Worked a treat for me, and now been fine for 12 months since.

Sponsored Links
E nr. is WFX2467GB/06. I've managed to find and remove the brushes and I'm now waiting for the new ones to be delivered. Thank you all for your help -it's greatly appreciated.

I've got the brushes and fitted them. Started the machine and the drum's still not going round. The brushes obviously needed replacing, the old ones were about 5mm long but is there a right way or a wrong way to insert them? I turned one brush round because when I had inserted it and tried moving the arm (which rotates the belt) there was a clicking noise. This stopped the clicking.

Is there anything else I could check for (machine works perfectly; goes through cycle, fill and empties but the drum doesn't rotate).

Thank you.

Also check the insides of the brush holders as carbon dust does build up in them which prevents the brushes moving freely in the holders.

When you insert the brushes do they move freely inside the holders

Are the wires actually connected to the brushes and the motor

Also check the insides of the brush holders as carbon dust does build up in them which prevents the brushes moving freely in the holders.

When you insert the brushes do they move freely inside the holders

Are the wires actually connected to the brushes and the motor

Thats what I used the sandpaper for ( tight fit in brass holders )

I meant clean out the inside of the actual holder as carbon dust deposits inside them causing friction

I generally use a terminal driver for scraping inside first then a small paint brush to brush out the dust (ensure the dust is blown and or brushed off of the armature segments)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back