I can't remove the motor on my Bosch WFL2872 washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I suspect the brushes on my Bosch WFL2872 washing machine need replacing. I have removed the back panel and removed the 2 screws holding the motor in place. However, the motor still won't budge. It appears to be stuck in place by two plastic flanges.

I can't find any helpful videos on the net (they all seem to concern models that have motors that are situated at the top of the machine).

I've searched the forums here and it seems to me that I just need some elbow grease to prise it off. I've tried, without much luck, and I am wary of doing more damage.

Any tips? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately elbow grease is what you require.

If you have a largish flat bladed screw driver you can apply some pressure to where the motor mount goes over the plastic spigot (to lever it off gently)

Some do require a bit of force though and have used a rubber mallet tapping the back end of the motor to free it.

Hmmm its the quickest and easiest way when you have to put those darn tensioner springs back in, clean the commutator and inside the brush holders where the carbon dust builds up.

Sponsored Links
Each to his own I suppose.... I agree that changing one of the brushes is tricky with the motor in-situ. It gets easier with a bit of practise - I always use a dentist type mirror so I can see the alkward holder ! I use cotton buds to clean out the holders, cleaning the commutator is easy with the motor in-situ. The big advantage is that you don't have to disturb the belt....:cool:

Thank-you Leccy758. Elbow grease, flat spanner and tapping with a hammer did the job. Motor is out, am just waiting for replacement brushes to arrive and all should be good again.

Bankrupt - much respect to you if you can change them without removing the motor! Unless you have an extra pair of hands and are double jointed too ;)

Thanks again, guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back