Bosch washing machine WAQ28461GB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an 18 month old washing machine which works very well except that the 'too much foam' symbol appears even when there is almost no foam at all. The manual says to look out for foam coming out of the detergent drawer and to use a fabric softener to suppress it. But there is no foam to be seen. Does anyone have any ideas?
Much obliged for any constructive replies.

Sponsored Links
Try running a boil wash with about a half pint of white vinegar manually added into the draw once it is full. Obviously dont add clothes!
Continuous low temperature washing crates a build up of soap scum in the level sensor hose and this can lead to false indications of foam.
Check the pump filter chamber, as any a partial blockage can cause the programmer to indicate this fault.
If your machines outlet hose is connected to the sink trap in your kitchen, then I would be removing that and checking it for blockages also.

Thanks very much lavo-1 for adding to this. I have run a 90 degree was (highest possible temp) with a weak descaler solution. I'll update this thread as soon as I have done a whites wash.

Further to your suggestion lavo-1, despite cleaning everything and running the 90 degree wash with a descaler, the problem persists. I have called Bosch as it is covered by a 2-year warranty. I will update this thread if I can extract information from the engineer using a smile, or if not, tea and biscuits. What we want is information!

Sponsored Links
Fri 24th June 2016. Bosch engineer called today. He found no error codes logged on the washing machine. He took the top off and flushed out the thin rubber tube leading from the base to a pressure switch just under the top lid on the right hand side toward the back of the m/c as you look at it from the front, it's the only one so you'll see it straight away. Everything looked spotless. He ran rinse cycles only and said it was OK. As soon as me left I started a wash cycle and the foam light came back immediately. I have placed another call but the earliest slot is next Friday. 0/10 Mr. Bosch man.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back