bosch washing machine waste water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when the cycle goes from rinse to spin the waste water comes up the trap and into the kitchen sink next to it ,tried several service washes then undid the trap cleaned out all the waste clogged there even poured hot water down the washing machine waste pipe to try and see if more scum was trapped there machine not smelly any more but waste water still syphoning back up the trap into the sink even worse than before tried caustic soda down the plughole thinking that might be blockage in drainage system in the house opened manhole in front garden of house water seeems to be running away freely enough although obviously i am no expert what could be wrong

Sponsored Links
If this is a new problem then you have a blocked waste pipe, if it has always been like this then it is a bad design problem.

You could try and take apart as much of the waste pipe as possible to find the blockage. You could always try a wet vac to suck out the blockage. Also check the gulliy outside.

Andy

hi thanks for the advice undid the waste pipe under the sink cleaned it used a rod to try to remove a possible blockage also did a service wash and each time it went to spin cycle i used plunger to force water back down the pipe on the sink did this on three occasions i think it may have sorted problem but not sure yet

Sponsored Links
Hi, once you have unblocked it, I suggest you run the hottest temperature, empty and a full cycle. I recommend this to my customers to do every month. That way it helps to keep all the waste pipes clear. I've been told by a washing machine engineer that it's also good for the machine.

We come across a lot of blockages where the customer has used a low temperature wash (over a period of time) where the washing powder doesn't dissolved.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back