Bosch WFL2450 GB/01 - how to replace the Programme Knob?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Bosch washing machine WFL2450 GB/01 - the programme control knob has play on the shaft so you have to count the clicks to see which programme has been set.

Is a repair practical? I can get a replacement knob (I think) but do not know what is involved in changing it - presumably removing & replacing the fascia?

I see from replies about other Bosch washing machines that there may be a problem with plastic lugs breaking off - does this apply to the WFL2450, or is there a better way of changing the knob? (As the machine is 11 years old, the plastic is probably brittle - but apart from the play on the knob, it is working well.)

Sponsored Links
The fascia needs to come off to see what the problem is.
It could be the program selector http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=172699
It could also be the intermediate coupling behind the program selector http://www.espares.co.uk/parts?k=172697
In the worst event I suppose it could even be the panel card interface...but I kind of doubt it.
Thank you for your helpful reply. I have checked the links you gave - the programme selector 172699 is listed as suitable for the WFL2450 GB/01, but not the intermediate coupling 172697 [info to help anyone else searching this thread later.]

My first concern is whether a repair (by me) is feasible. Can you tell me how to take the fascia off - preferably in a way that it can be replaced? It may be worth spending £20 or so, if it's just the knob, but not £100 plus if the fascia has to be replaced.

Believe me...part number 172697 will fit your machine ;)
To take off the fascia pull the plug & remove the lid & soap tray. Remove the screws in the soap tray opening & the ones at each side of the front panel.
Search for any hidden clips behind the front panel & you're there.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again - I'll give it a go after the weekend.

[BTW, I'm happy to accept that part number 172697 will fit- I just looked at the espares website which didn't list our machine as one that would.]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back