Bosch Worcester boiler service/repair...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester boiler is in need of a service & repair, would it be recommended to get Bosch to come out and service/repair or should I find a competent local person? Will Bosch be vastly more expensive than a local independent service engineer.

Ta

Sponsored Links
Worcester Bosch charge £220 approx to repair boiler, depending on the fault this could be a bargain or not :)

I'm a Worcester engineer. It would be £230 all in for breakdown and service. We carry most parts so can do the repair there and then for you plus you are covered for 30days so if the boiler breaks down within that time it's free if charge even if the new problem is unrelated to the original call. Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links
My Worcester boiler is in need of a service & repair, would it be recommended to get Bosch to come out and service/repair or should I find a competent local person? Will Bosch be vastly more expensive than a local independent service engineer.

Ta
Don't waste your money on repairing non efficient boilers buy a new high efficiency boiler with five years manufacturer's warranty. The Worcester Bosch engineer who replied hasn't got a brain and is wrongly advising you. Many manufacturer's are giving five years on there boilers and the boilers are very cheap nowadays.Think five years no money to spent on breakdowns. five hundred and fifty pounds for an ideal boiler and flue pipe you can't go wrong. :eek:

Common Sense, for your first post here you dont come over as a very knowledgeable person!

Firstly the OP has not bothered to tell us what model of boiler he has so how do you that its is not condensing?

Secondly, the Worcester customer service is generally considered by those who know about these things ( not you obviously ) to be about the best in the industry!

Thirdly, if I buy and install a Worcester boiler I only get a two year warrantee!

Fourthly, which Ideal boiler can be bought with flue for £550 and has a five year warrantee?

Ta
Don't waste your money on repairing non efficient boilers buy a new high efficiency boiler with five years manufacturer's warranty. The Worcester Bosch engineer who replied hasn't got a brain and is wrongly advising you. Many manufacturer's are giving five years on there boilers and the boilers are very cheap nowadays.Think five years no money to spent on breakdowns. five hundred and fifty pounds for an ideal boiler and flue pipe you can't go wrong. :eek:
I would like to see you say that to my face, dummy. What I have said is fact. Yes many do offer long warranty but how comprehensive is it. You get what you pay for. And comments like yours aren't cared for. I bet your a sad little old man who works for ideal.
Worcester now offer 5 years on all mid to high range boilers until the end of June and 7 years if fitted by a Worcester accredited installer.
£550 maybe for an ideal but then he has to get it installed at a price of prob around £1000 so how does it make sense to scrap a boiler that may be easily repaired for a lot less and last many years!

Jamespl any old boiler when repaired will breakdown again and again . you change a part today then in the near futur you will have to change another part. No electrical or mechanical appliance last forever and that's a fact. The amount of money one needs to spent for repair and maintenance of an old boiler is more than purchasing a new boiler with 5years warranty and that's a fact. Your company is a member of the Energy saving trust and participated in the boiler scappage scheme. Now when your company sales of boiler has dropped they are repairing old inefficient boilers and hindering the sales of high efficient boilers . who wants an old noisy,ugly and non efficient boiler which constantly breaksdown in their house. I bet in your house you got a high efficiency ideal boiler in your house .e.g when a car is old you replace it, when a washing is old you replace it these are two more examples, you don't keep on waisting your money repairing it did your parent not teach you this.With an high efficiency appliance the electric bills and gas bills are slashed that's a fact. Jamespl you give me the impression that you can only repair non efficient boilers and you have a limited knowledge of the new products in this world . Welcome to this World high energy boilers and renewables.

Yawn.

Do you want to change your user name? It's very confusing.... or is it ironic?

When did Worcester come away from Lego and start building a high range boiler :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back