Bosch worcester bosch 28cd1 - pilot light out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi wonder if anyone can help. Got up this morning for a shower and no hot water, had a look at the boiler and the fgreen on light is on but the central heating and hot water lights are flashing slowly, but there is no pilot flame on. Removed the front cover and i can see after holding down the reset button, the electrodes are sparking okay, but pilot is not lighting

Pressure guage on incoming gas 4psi, and gas is coming into the house as gas fire stanalone works okay

Is there anything else i can do , or is it call out time for an gas engineer ?

Sponsored Links
regardless of the fact that these don't have a pilot light as such, RGI would be a good idea.
what makes you think you have 4 psi incoming gas pressure

Anyone any ideas, pressure guage says 4 on it looks okay and is on the outside of the boiler. the two electrodes are sparking but not lighting, cant tell if gas is coming out or not. could it be that the heater matrix is covered in muck ? I took off the cover and then the cover with a seal secured with 4 screws but could only see the heater matrix in situs and the elctrodes, dont really want to dismanle anything else. ANy ideas

Sponsored Links
With waht you have done so far you are bordering on too many tools andot enough wit.

You dont appear to have a clue what you are doing, opening the CC and what did you think you would find.
How was you going to test and prove your findings.
How was you going to test and prove seals are made and sound.

If you had a clue what you were doing you would know the 3 bar rule.

Get an RGI to test, prove, replace and test again. Your GV is creamed :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back