Bosch=Worcester - Greenstar 29CDI - Humming Noise on Morning Start-up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

When my boiler fires up first thing in morning (either by drawing hot water or the CH coming on) the boiler makes a humming noise, similar to water knocking or when a valve isn't shutting off fully, for around a second or two then stops and doesn't do it again until the next morning. A recent service stopped in for around 5 days but then it has started again. Any ideas - I am not a plumber by the way but when the one I use comes out it never does it.

Thanks

Simon

Sponsored Links
Take a video on your phone, recording the noise, and the display on the boiler, so you can show if to the mender.

The boiler doesn't show any errors and works just fine. It is just a very quick noise first thing in the morning.

Sponsored Links
If the system is starting up from cold it could be vibration due to something expanding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back