Annoying Humming Noise

I remember hearimng of a case where an old chimney was resonating like a pipe-organ with air currents.

and other cases where noise has originated from equipment at an industrial or military site.

Transformers and other power distribution equipment sometimes hum, including on ralilway lines.

Sponsored Links
Speak very nicely to neighbours ask if you can turn there power and water off for a couple of hours to see if it stops .

I think you need to contact enviromental health they love stuff like this :LOL:

EHO been out couldnt locate anything on his meter. Now trying to locate it by listening to the walls and floors to see if it is anything vibrating, neighours can't hearing anything. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Now trying to rule out things, waiting for hearing appointment, plumber to check boiler and reply from email to utility companies to see if any work being undertaken in area. Will get back when had results. Thanks.

Reidy, I know you're tired and emotional, but you seem to have hijacked this other topic, and are now duplicating posts on both.

If you continue with this you're going to p*ss off everyone who's trying to help you. Please stick to posting on just one topic - preferably the one you created.

hi you are not going mad the noise is created by wind passing over exhaust and intake pipe I had condensing boiler fitted in the centre of bungalow noise was horrendous had flue repositioned twice to no avail now had boiler moved to loft to reduced flue length improved but not perfect now only get noise when wind from south speak to fitter for a plumeing device to flue this does reduce noise if you find abetter solution notify the world as this problem seems widespread
regards greenever

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back