Bosch WVF2402 Washing Machine - Dryer Function, no heat !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having problems with a Bosch WVF2402GB/02 washer/dryer with regard to the dryer function.
This problem happened before and it was a failed temperature limit switch (175 degrees NC).
On this occasion replacing the switch has made no difference :(

Further investigation carried out, found that 120 degrees temperature NC switch was measuring as 10 ohms resistance with no connection, replaced that switch - still no change in fault conditions. :cry:

Confused now as to how to progress!! One piece of information that might help, the 75 & 120 degrees temperature limit switch have no voltage on either contact when the dryer is on. The 175 degrees switch has 240v a.c. being passed through it.

After reading some similar posts I have carried out further checks.

The fan is working (resistance measurement 311 ohms)
After examining the diagrams on BSH website I have connected my meter to the two spades at the side of air tunnel that appear to connect to a heater element. When the drier timer is operating there is 240v ac across these connections during the normal heat mode, as the cool air point is reached the voltage changes to 34v ac. At the end of the timer period when the machine stops there is 10v ac across the contacts.

Is my element faulty? :confused:
---------------------------

Update:

No replies to my post :(
It was the heater element that was faulty, replaced it and all working ok.
Nscripta

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back