Bosch WVTI2840 washer dryer not drying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, thanks in advance for any help anybody might be able to give.

Bosch washer dryer WVTI2840, about 9 years old belongs to my partner's mum. Last year, the dryer stopped working. An easy fix, the resettable thermostat had cut out, so I reset it and at the same time cleaned out the drying unit that was filled with fluff, that caused the overheating in the first place. Worked fine for about a year, but then a few weeks ago the same thing happened again. The thermostat had indeed cut out and needed to be reset. Checked inside, expected to see fluff build up but there wasn't really any other than the odd little bit. But I re-cleaned it thoroughly again - all fan blades cleaned, gasket at the front cleaned, the chamber at the back of the drum that the air gets sucked up through taken off and cleaned - it's 100% clear throughout. Even did a boil soda crystals and bleach wash to clean inside the drum. However, the thermostat has reset again - and again, and again - it will last for about 1 or 2 drys before it resets again. Partner's mum saw me do the red button trick first time round and pulled out the machine and had been pressing it herself - was quite surprised she managed to pull out the built in washer by herself, when I struggled to get it out! Did ask her to not press the button any more until we find out what the problem is.

Tried replacing the resettable thermostat with a new one, still same problem. Any suggestions? Could it be the temperature regulator thermostat on the gasket at the front that has gone? No error codes are coming up, when the thermostat trips the machine still tries to work normally with no errors displayed, it just doesn't heat up. The fan is working fine too.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back