Bose quiet comfort 15

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i have inherited (sadly) a pair from my brother. The light comes on with a fresh battery.
However I get no sound from either side and the noise cancellation doesn’t work.
I have seen videos that indicate some issues that happen to ONE driver.
I can’t get them to do anything
I know that they are /were excellent when new, so I know what to expect when fully functioning.

so… any ideas?
worst case I suspect that I might get a discount on a newer set but they are pretty old. For sentimental reasons I’d like to get them working.

Sponsored Links
You've probably been through the owners guide, but I thought it was worth checking :)

Is there any sign of corrosion on the battery connectors - there could be a high resistance connection that would allow the LED to light, but not much else?

And another silly question, are you using a good quality alkaline battery, or a rechargeable cell?

Attachments

• owg_en_qc15.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 104
New battery, not Duracell so I can try one.
I can check for corrosion but doubt it. I have a fibreglass contact cleaning brush.
using a lead as supplied.
I can get a bit of feedback if I manipulate the earpieces together.

I don’t know if they worked before I got them, or if they had been found to fail but put away.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Leads can fail, certainly cheap enough to try another or actually free if you just return it to Amazon after trying it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back