Bosh Exxcel Dishwasher - whining noise and much clicking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher started making a whining noise when the sprayers are working. Before the main wash cycle there is a lot of clicking from within the unit.
I am not sure if it is the motor/impellor or a relay. The pump pressure is low, and although the whining noise is recent, the clicking noises have been around for a while.
I have had the unit apart, and stupidly, just had a quick look inside impellor, the motor appeared to turn, but I did not really closely inspect the ability to rotate of the motor and impellor.
Unit is E nr. SRS46A02GB/08
And there is a you tube clip.
http://youtu.be/xmH9NZB6t_A
Is it worth getting the impellor kit, I read if the spacer is failed, the impellor will rub against housing. I have also heard motor failures are often incorrectly diagnosed when it is the impellor.
All ideas welcome thank you
L

Sponsored Links
Out of curiosity do you hear the whining if you put your ear on the rear of the housing?
It is possible these 2 'faults' are unrelated.

Let me know!

Does it definately drain and is it filling sufficiently?
Cancel existing programme, put a couple of jugs of water in the tub, turn on a programme wait for 30 secs and open door, all water gone?
Now close door and wait for filling to finish, open door, how high is the water level?

Hello
I think you are right in that the clicking and whining may not be related. If I prefill the unit before starting it drains the water. If I let it fill for wash there is about an inch of water.
If I put my ear to the unit the noise comes from the circulation pump front right side.
I need to eliminate some possibilities.
Thanks
L

Sponsored Links
Personally I think you need to strip the machine back down (yes I know, you've done it once and its a pain in the backside, been there / done it / got the t-shirt) and inspect / bench test the components.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back