Exxcel dishwasher ticking noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Y'all

solved a lot of issues over the years with your help, so thanks for that!

I do, however, have a new issue that I ca't find a resolution for.

I have a bosch Exxcel dishwasher (no idea of model number, it has no sticker?) it's about 4 years old, and has been a bit of a dog. I have replaced 2 instant heat elements and the impellor jug so far.

after the last element replacement, just the element rather than the complete unit, I reassembled it all, but it now makes a loud ticking noise. this is apparent 95% of the time the washer is running. it washers fine, but ticks. it is loud enough to be heard in the garden! the ticking starts the moment the unit is started

seems to be coming from inside the base unit, somewhere near the middle by the heater. impellor is clear, it's not the main motor or the drain pump, these all make their normal noises.it's not the fill valve or the impellor jug,

obviously I have knocked something, or connected something wrong, but any ideas what?

cheers in advance

Andy

Sponsored Links
Without a model or E-number it is difficult to say. Does it have a conventional flow through heater or the instantaneous type? A stab in the dark would lead me to believe that the ticking may originate from the "water points" (the device that switches circulation between the upper & lower arms). It consists of a synchronous motor, gear, & cams that shuttle water flow. If you have an instantaneous water heater & the water points are bad then you have to change out the whole thing. If you have a conventional heater it is a different story. The door lip (centre) should have the model details laser engraved on it. It is sometimes difficult to read in poor light, have a good look & post the "E-number"....if you find it.

Zipper, thanks for the reply.

I had another look under it last night, and put a wooden stick against each component in turn until I heard the ticking noise, and it does seem to be coming from the black unit attached under the water heater unit.

it is the instantanious type of water heater, but you are saying you cannot get the part seperately?

if not, then I hope I have one of the units I have previously replaced in the garage still!

The black object is the "water points" as explained earlier. Unfortunately you can't buy it stand-alone, they only sell the complete unit (crafty devils).
Better have a dig around in the garage to see what you can find...

Sponsored Links
or,

I recently found out that Ebay in germany has a load of the instant water heater units on it, all second hand, and selling for about £25 delivered!

I bought one and it was in perfect condition, so I can always get another one of those, and swap the complete unit out.

certainly cheaper than £90 from the UK!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back