Bosh Tumble drier not heating

Looks like it's tripped again and the heat doesn't work. Obviously it's a recurring problem.

Sponsored Links
The thermal cut out operates when the machine overheats, does the drum start up on its own now and not stop when it reverses?

Does air blow out of the vent pipe quite strongly.

If the drum does not turn the machine will rapidly overheat.

The drum is hit and miss really. I think you are right in thinking the drum is causing it to overheat. Air seems to flow out of the vent ok.

Here is where we are up to.

The door hinge has snapped and I have glued it back with epoxy but not sure how long it will hold.

The drum keeps stopping turning which is causing overheating. I have checked the drum and the belt is tight.

We have been offered a second hand table top smaller drier but the extractor comes out the front and not the back.

Is it time to chuck the Bosch ? I don't want to get rid of it if it is mendable. Bosch are supposed to be a very good make but so far I am not impressed.

Sponsored Links
An overheating dryer with questionable drum function & glued hinges sounds like a great way to burn your house down :eek:
Do yourself a favour & scrap it.

But if it can be fixed with a simple new component isn't it worth a try ?

If not and it has to be scrapped I will never buy Bosh again.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I wouldn't say it is the number 1 problem on a dryer...but it does happen yes. A faulty capacitor can prevent the motor starting loaded, in some cases the motor may not even start unloaded. But it doesn't normally cause the motor cut-out randomly once it is running, that would be likely to have other causes. If you have decided to start changing bits in an effort to save your dryer from the scrapheap then this is probably the cheapest & most logical end to begin. If a new capacitor doesn't fix your issue (& there is no guarantee it will) then you are only out a fiver. Of course if you have access to a DMM capable of reading capacitance then you could check if the original capacitor is within tolerance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back