Boss connector - confused

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Yesterday I bought a Floplast strap boss and 32mm adaptor to fit a waste pipe into my soil pipe.
The issue I have got is that the rubber adaptor is to small to fit in the outer edge of the opening, and when I fit it into the opening where it fits into the soil pipe, the 32mm pipe won’t go through it with all the fairy liquid in our kitchen? Have I got the wrong adaptor?? Should it fit on the outer edge of the boss? I’ll try and post pictures of what I mean if that will help. Thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
CA944A96-E472-45C9-A155-2BE538949DF4.jpeg 687C2DD6-94C4-46B3-B7E1-25C021088876.jpeg 225624B2-4B63-4BBA-8626-057774FBAFC9.jpeg So, here are some pictures showing the adaptor too small to fit on the outside of the inlet, and then the adaptor pushed into the inside of the inlet but no chance ‘I think’ of a 32mm pipe fitting through.... any advice?? Have I got the wrong pieces?

The rubber bit is a Marley one. If the boss is Floplast you will need to get a rubber adapter to match.

Brilliant... Thankyou. Wickes has done me again... both were in the same basket... so I naturally assumed they were compatible parts... that’ll teach me to assume..

Sponsored Links
Could even be an internal flush pipe connector.

Dont ever trust online shopping baskets from any of the sheds... You'll also be lucky if you get the correct advice in store.
When I do have to go to those places, due to lack of anything else nearby, I often get stopped in the aisles and asked for advice by members of the public... usually with a staff member, who was stumped, still in earshot :LOL:

You'll be better off getting a solvent weld adaptor for that boss and the pipe that inserts into it. You'll need the solvent cement for securing the strap-on to the 4" anyway... To make a proper watertight seal.

Well... I went and exchanged the boss and got a boss and adaptor from toolstation... bought a 51mm hole cutter and boom... it’s leaking :( I got the cement from toolstation too and now it’s dark I’m thinking what on Earth I could have done wrong... I did have to use a file to open the hole up a little more for the ridge on the boss to fit into and I used the solvent cement.. gutted as everything else underground and soil stack is fine... does a 51mm hole seem small for a boss strap? I don’t really want to bodge it so hoping it’ll pull off tomorrow... and I can clean the pieces off and start again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back