Bottle trap leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have fitted a basin in my bathroom with a pop-up waste and it’s leaking. There’s a nut that screws onto the rear of the bottle trap, through which there’s a rod with a ball on the end. It’s this nut that’s leaking. I’ve replaced it in case the nut was faulty, but it seems to have no effect. I have tightened it and it’s ok for a few hours, but then it starts again, particularly with the hot water in use.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
cant get my head around your comments, but if it's a plastic connection use some "ptfe tape" around the thread and then re-seal.

If however it's the metal nut on the underside which screws up onto the sink, slightly unscrew the nus and apply some clear silicone and re-tighten.

does the rod move back/forward ?, it shouldnt.

Is there 2 plastic round edge pieces of plastic squeezing the ball thats on the control rod ?.

Al

Sponsored Links
This ball on rod should sit above the trap and should not leak unless water is flowing AND it is not properly seated and tightened in its recess. Perhaps the plastic threads have been damaged by overtightening and are no longer holding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back