Bottom bricks damp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Is this cause for concern? The bottom few bricks around my property look wet and I can't see your standard blue bricks either, although they may only be installed on newer homes.

In the next year I'll be looking to replace the front garden with a driveway and I'm unsure where the damp proof course is. Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6418 copy.jpg
    IMG_6418 copy.jpg
    916.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_6420 copy.jpg
    IMG_6420 copy.jpg
    762.7 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links
The DPC is one and a half course up from flag level, the bricks above the DPC are dry, so is doing it's job.

Hello

Is this cause for concern? The bottom few bricks around my property look wet and I can't see your standard blue bricks either, although they may only be installed on newer homes.

In the next year I'll be looking to replace the front garden with a driveway and I'm unsure where the damp proof course is. Any ideas?

Thanks
Bottom of air grill - as Charlie says

damp is prob rain water running into the crevice and soaking in pot the below damp level brickwork.

and paving right up to house wall encourages rain splash making wall wet

Sponsored Links
The paving in the corner looks wet. Where is the water coming from? Is there a dripping gutter above? A drain nearby?

The paving in the corner looks wet. Where is the water coming from? Is there a dripping gutter above? A drain nearby?
We'd had quite a bit of rainfall this morning and that is where the water was sat.

Do you mean the paving is incorrectly sloped, so water puddles against the house?

If and when you replace it, dig out the old to lower the level, and slope away from the house.

Water does seem to have been accumulating in that corner long term, as there are signs of previous patching.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back