Bottom corner of walls wet !!

Laminate and skirting don’t seem to be wet only seems to be the corner itself. I have the side that’s wet with the bedroom directly above who’s corner is wet and then the corner on the other side of the room is wet however the room above that corner isn’t experiencing wet

Sponsored Links
Laminate and skirting don’t seem to be wet only seems to be the corner itself. I have the side that’s wet with the bedroom directly above who’s corner is wet and then the corner on the other side of the room is wet however the room above that corner isn’t experiencing wet
It's been pointed out your guttering is the culprit however when my guttering caused a leak the ceiling above was affected, not a corner of the room below. As you say it goes away after running a dehumidifier then returns i wonder if it is the gutter or a groundwater issue.

So it’s in the two corners of the same wall on ground floor and one corner in a bedroom directly above

Sponsored Links
This is the back outside, only the wet wall downstairs here, the front of the house has the wet wall lower and upper

Attachments

• 52F78498-243B-463E-BE9C-F4CEB359811D.jpeg
    52F78498-243B-463E-BE9C-F4CEB359811D.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 137
This is the back outside, only the wet wall downstairs here, the front of the house has the wet wall lower and upper
The slab beside the fence looks extremely eroded and has created a dent just waiting for a puddle. Standing water will seep through and hey presto! wet walls. Take out the slabs and create a gravel soakaway, perhaps.

Maybe think about a lattice rather than a solid fence panel atop the wall while you're at it. A little extra air flow wouldn't hurt.
I know it's for privacy but a dense lattice would still obscure direct observation while allowing some air flow.

The slabs against the house are dark, as if wet. So are the bricks near them. Where is the DPC?

Your neighbour's gutter does not appear to have a downpipe. Where does the water go? Have you watched it during rain?

Definitely lift the slabs, it looks like all water is pooling there. Good spot by JohnD on the downpipes.
The lowest two airbricks look relatively newly placed so someone has perhaps been aware of this problem prior to you buying the house. There's also two other airbricks / vents, are they needed or old and just admitting water?

There seems to be a limescale mark under one of the airbricks suggesting that water is running out of it. This would suggest a leak.

How would i go about solving that ?

Would A photo of the front help as there is wet corners upstairs and downstairs there ?

The slabs against the house are dark, as if wet. So are the bricks near them. Where is the DPC?

Your neighbour's gutter does not appear to have a downpipe. Where does the water go? Have you watched it during rain?

Looks like their gutter goes onto OP's roof..

The step down in roof levels could be part of the problem is the roof drainage is blocked or compromised , flat roof?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back